Pasquotank County has continuous voter registration. Once a person has registered to vote, they need not re-register for each election in which they are eligible to vote. If a voter moves from one county into another and registers to vote in their new county of residence, they are required, by law, to cancel their previous registration.
To be eligible to vote, a person must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of North Carolina and Pasquotank County for 30 days prior to an election;
- Be 18 years of age by the next general election;
- If convicted of a felony, have their citizenship rights restored before registering to vote.
Voter registration must be updated if a voter:
- Has moved to another address within Pasquotank County since registering to vote;
- Has changed their name; or
- Desires to change their party affiliation.
Persons may register with any recognized party in the State of North Carolina, or as Unaffiliated. If you do not declare a party on your registration application you will be registered as Unaffiliated.
Deadline for registering to vote
The deadline for registering to vote in an election in North Carolina and Pasquotank County is twenty-five (25) calendar days before the date of an election. Voter Registration Applications, if submitted by mail, must be postmarked by the deadline. Any agency and DMV applications that are completed by the deadline are also valid.
Where to register to vote in Pasquotank County
- Board of Elections office (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., unless otherwise posted.)
1409 Parkview Drive, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
- Public Library
- Local High Schools
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Public Assistance Agencies
You may also download and print a voter registration application online:
Voter Registration Form (English)
El formulario de inscripción del votante (español)
The application should be mailed to
Pasquotank Board of Elections
PO Box 1797
Elizabeth City, NC 27906-1797
To check your voter registration click here.