POLLING PLACE CHANGE
Notice is hereby given pursuant to NCGS § 163-128(a) that the Pasquotank County Board of Elections met and voted to change the Newland polling place to Ramoth Gilead Baptist Church located at 1308 School House Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909.
All voters in this precinct will be notified by first class mail and shall make note of this change. This change is effective for all future elections for which the voter is qualified.
PHOTO ID, SAME-DAY REGISTRATION, OUT-OF-PRECINCT VOTING, & PREREGISTRATION
On July 29, 2016, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under S.L. 2013-381 and amended by S.L. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
- Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103;
- Removal of preregistration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381; and
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381.
The district court order is available here. For more information, please visit www.ncsbe.gov